- This event has passed.
TMS for Cognitive Neuroscience Workshop
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) for Cognitive Neuroscience Workshop
This course is run in collaboration with neuroscientists from UCL, Lancaster and York aims to equip you with knowledge about the opportunities and limitations TMS can offer your cognitive neuroscience research programme.
The course covers:
- A brief history of brain stimulation
- The physical and neurophysiological basis of TMS
- Designing virtual lesion experiments using both on- and off-line repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS)
- Using MEPs in cognitive neuroscience
- Chronometric TMS and combining TMS with other methodologies
- How to integrate TMS into your research program.
In addition, you will obtain hands-on experience using a TMS system as both an experimenter and as a participant, design your own experiment from the ground up and deconstruct the strengths and weaknesses of an existing study.
The course is designed for anyone interested in incorporating TMS into their cognitive neuroscience research including PhD students, postdoctoral researchers and principle investigators.
Early Bird Standard Rate – £500.00
Early Bird Student Rate – £400.00
(This workshop arranged directly through UCL and clicking on this link will take you to their pages)
View our short video about the workshop: