Fundamentals & Applications of TUS
Delegate rate: TBA
15 – 16 July 2023, 8:30
Register your interest for early access to registration
Across two days, the Brainbox Initiative will be joined by world-leading academic and technical experts in transcranial ultrasound stimulation (TUS/tFUS) techniques for a series of interactive sessions designed especially to give attendees a solid understanding of the physical and biomechanics bases, challenges and potentials; TUS study development and applications; and how to design, prepare, carry out, and analyse TUS studies in a safe and replicable way.
Over the course of three days, we explore topics such as:
- The basic principles and physiology of transcranial ultrasound neuromodulation;
- An introduction to the basic principles and physiology of TUS;
- The pros and cons of using TUS and ways to counteract these limitations;
- An in-depth look at the safety and efficiency considerations for TUS studies;
- Practical demonstrations of different kinds of TUS protocols, including online & offline-TUS;
- Considerations for TUS study design, supplemented with group discussions;
- Interactive, practical demonstrations of TUS techniques, measurements, and simulation of acoustic fields;
- and much more.
Our workshop programmes are created in collaboration with leading neuroscientists from around the world. Professor Kim Butts Pauly and members of her lab will be leading this programme and workshop
The programmes for all of our Brainbox Initiative workshops are developed in conjunction with the Brainbox Initiative Scientific Committee and other leading neuroscience researchers.
Date: 15 - 16 July 2023
Location: Stanford University