Fundamentals & Applications of TMS
Delegate rate: £120-£250
6 – 8 December 2022, 13:00
This online workshop combines the core content and highlights of our popular, in-person Fundamentals & Applications of TMS, TMS Neuronavigation, and Cognitive Neuroscience workshops, covering topics such as:
- An introduction to the basic principles and physiology of transcranial magnetic stimulation;
- The pros and cons of using various types of transcranial magnetic stimulation in example studies;
- An in-depth look at the safety considerations for TMS studies;
- Practical demonstrations of different kinds of TMS protocols, including single pulse, paired-pulse, and repetitive TMS (rTMS);
- Considerations for TMS study designs, supplemented with group discussions to help plan and develop these studies;
- Interactive, practical demonstrations of neuronavigation techniques with the Brainsight TMS Navigation system;
- and much more.
The knowledge gained in this workshop will provide all attendees with the required knowledge to design, set up, and carry out their own transcranial magnetic stimulation study, and is suitable for both new users of TMS techniques, and those with existing knowledge of how to use this non-invasive brain stimulation method. All delegates attending this workshop will also have the future opportunity to visit the Brainbox headquarters to gain first-hand experience of using the devices, methods, and techniques explored in this workshop when travel restrictions allow.
The programmes for all of our Brainbox Initiative workshops are developed in conjunction with the Brainbox Initiative Scientific Committee and other leading neuroscience researchers.
The workshop will take place online between December 6 - 8, 2022*. The advertised workshop timings are in GMT (UK/London), and the workshop will run between approximately 13:00 - 17:00 each day, with an early 12:30 start on day one.
*Please note that dates may change.