Fundamentals & Applications of tES
Delegate rate: From £120
5 – 7 December 2023, Online with Hybrid Option Available
This three-day workshop features the core lectures, discussions, and interactive practical demonstrations from our popular, in-person Fundamentals of tES and Advanced Applications of tES workshops, including:
- The basic principles and physiology of transcranial electrical stimulation;
- An overview of the various types of tES devices available and how to use these systems;
- Considerations for tES study designs, supplemented with group discussions to plan these studies;
- Demonstrations and examples of how to set up and execute a robust transcranial electrical stimulation session;
- Practical experience in using advanced current flow modelling techniques with ROAST and Neurophet tES Lab;
- and insights into advanced, multimodal applications of tES with MRI, EEG, fNIRS, TMS, and more.
Professor Sven Bestmann, University College London (UCL)
Dr. Carys Evans, University College London (UCL)
Dr. Jenny Lee, University College London (UCL)
Dr. Danielle Kurtin, Imperial College London
Ketevan Alania, Imperial College London
Camille Lasbareilles, Oxford University
Dan Phillips, Brainbox
Mark Cawley, Brainbox
The knowledge gained in this workshop will provide attendees with all the required knowledge to design, set up, and carry out their own transcranial electrical stimulation study, and is suitable for both new users of tES, and those with existing knowledge of how to use this technique. All delegates attending this workshop will also have the future opportunity to visit the Brainbox headquarters to gain first-hand experience of using the devices, methods, and techniques explored in this workshop when travel restrictions allow.
Our workshop programmes are created in collaboration with leading neuroscientists from around the world. Workshop leaders will be announced soon.
This workshop offers a hybrid option, allowing delegates to attend in-person practical tES sessions with the Brainbox Initiative team in Cardiff, UK, in addition to the virtual lectures and discussions included in this workshop. Please note that all lectures will take place virtually and only practical sessions will take place in-person for delegates with this registration.