- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of tES Workshop
The one-day Brainbox Initiative Fundamentals of tES Workshop is designed specifically to provide a comprehensive introductory experience for anyone who is completely new to transcranial electrical stimulation and looking to introduce the technique into their own research. The workshop programme features lectures from leading academics that provide an introduction to the basic principles and physiology of tES, as well as ample hands-on practical sessions for delegates to familiarise themselves with tES equipment and to test out any techniques that they wish to incorporate into their own projects. The training received in the workshop will provide delegates with a solid grounding in transcranial electrical stimulation techniques, and will allow attendees to set up, carry out, and analyse a successful tES study of their own.
The Fundamentals of tES Workshop Covers:
- An overview of the physiology of transcranial electrical stimulation (tES), and the differences between transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), transcranial alternating current stimulation (tACS), and transcranial random noise stimulation (tRNS)
- How to successfully prepare and set up a tES study: including electrode preparation, setting stimulation parameters, and blinding options
- An understanding of the safety principles and contraindications required to run a tES study
- Discussions and Q&A sessions on how to integrate transcranial electrical stimulation into your own research programme
- View a sample workshop programme here (subject to change)
For those looking for a more advanced tES course, we also offer a two-day Advanced Applications of tES Workshop which will run from December 11-12 at the Brainbox Ltd headquarters. This workshop is also suitable for attendees of Fundamentals of tES who would like to build upon the knowledge gained from the introductory session.