Fundamentals & Applications of TMS Workshop
The two-day Brainbox Initiative Fundamentals & Applications of TMS workshop features a wealth of lectures and talks designed specifically to provide all delegates with a solid grounding in transcranial magnetic stimulation. Throughout the duration of the course, delegates will also take part in a number of hands-on practical sessions that will provide a comprehensive knowledge of the basic principles and physiology of TMS, and the TMS research techniques required to design, set-up, carry out, and analyse a successful transcranial magnetic stimulation study.
The practical workshop provides training on:
- The history of transcranial magnetic stimulation, and an overview of the basic principles of TMS
- An understanding of the physiology of transcranial magnetic stimulation of the motor cortex
- Insights into cortico-cortical connectivity
- Basic principles and applications of twin-coil transcranial magnetic stimulation
- Intra- and inter-hemispheric circuits activated by twin-coil TMS
- An overview of TMS navigation techniques
- Discussions of the research and clinical applications and limitations of TMS
- An introduction into the potential multimodal applications of TMS
- You can view a sample programme here (subject to change)
The Fundamentals and Applications of TMS workshop will be hosted at the Brainbox Ltd headquarters in Cardiff on December 5-6, 2020. We will also be hosting a dedicated TMS Neuronavigation workshop on December 7, 2020 which will expand significantly upon the basic principles of neuronavigation covered in this workshop.