- This event has passed.
Fundamentals and Applications of TMS Workshop
Registrations for this workshop are now sold out. If you would like to join our waiting list to be informed of any spaces that become available, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
The Brainbox Initiative’s two-day Fundamentals and Applications of TMS workshop, led by Dr Lorenzo Rocchi of the UCL Institute of Neurology, features lectures and talks that will provide a comprehensive knowledge of all the basic principles and physiology of transcranial magnetic stimulation and TMS research techniques required to design, set-up, carry out, and analyse a successful TMS study. The workshop also maintains a strong focus on practical, hands-on training that will provide delegates with extensive opportunities to gain invaluable experience of both delivering and receiving transcranial magnetic stimulation, and allows participants to develop and test out potential research methods for use in their own work.
The practical workshop provides training on:
- The basic principles and history of transcranial magnetic stimulation
- The physiology of transcranial magnetic stimulation of the motor cortex
- Insights into cortico-cortical connectivity
- Basic principles and applications of twin-coil transcranial magnetic stimulation
- Intra- and inter- hemispheric circuits activated by twin-coil TMS
- Basic principles of TMS navigation
- Research and clinical applications of TMS
- An introduction to multimodal applications of TMS
- View the full workshop programme here.
The Fundamentals and Applications of TMS workshop will be hosted at the UCL Institute of Neurology on November 30 – December 1, 2019. We will also be hosting a dedicated TMS Neuronavigation Workshop on December 2, 2019 which will expand significantly upon the basic principles of neuronavigation covered in this workshop.