Transcranial Ultrasound Stimulation Workshop in Plymouth
Join us for an exploration into the world of transcranial-focused ultrasound (TUS/tFUS) at the upcoming Brainbox Initiative Fundamentals & Applications workshop this April. While ultrasound is commonly associated with imaging unborn babies, its therapeutic applications are evolving rapidly, particularly in the realm of brain stimulation. This innovative workshop will delve into the fundamentals and applications of Transcranial Ultrasound Stimulation (TUS), showcasing its promising therapeutic potential for a range of brain disorders.
Spanning three days, the workshop will feature world-leading academic and technical experts, offering interactive sessions tailored to provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of TUS. The program will cover the physical and biomechanical bases, challenges, and potentials of TUS; study development and applications; and practical insights into designing, preparing, conducting, and analysing TUS studies in a safe and replicable manner.
Key Topics Include:
- Basic principles and physiology of transcranial ultrasound neuromodulation.
- Pros and cons of using TUS and strategies to overcome limitations.
- Safety and efficiency considerations for TUS studies.
- Practical demonstrations of various TUS protocols, including online and offline applications.
- Considerations for TUS study design, accompanied by group discussions.
- Interactive demonstrations of TUS techniques, measurements, and simulation of acoustic fields.
Don't miss this opportunity to immerse yourself in the groundbreaking world of Transcranial Focused Ultrasound. Join us for three days of engaging sessions, practical demonstrations, and insightful discussions, as we explore the untapped potential of TUS in reshaping the landscape of brain stimulation and treatment. Together, let's pave the way for the future of neuroscience.
Dates: April 30 - May 2, 2024
Location: Brain Research & Imaging Centre (BRIC), Plymouth, UK