Research Assistant Vacancy at Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University (United Kingdom) are seeking a Research Assistant to assist on a project exploring stress effect on prefrontal activity and emotion recognition in children and adolescents exposed to domestic violence.
The person specification and project summary are as follows:
The Research Assistant will be expected to:
- Assist in research as deemed necessary by the Psychology Department and project leader
- Assist in neuropsychological data collection
- Assist in the writing up of publications
- Assist in supporting student experience and contribute to teaching and supervision
- Undertake administration related to the above
· Degree in psychology or related area at 2.1 or above.
· Experience of quantitative/neuropsychological methods in research
· Excellent written and spoken command of English
· Excellent communication skills
o Experience in psychophysiological measurements (e.g., EEG, EDA, eye tracking)
o Experience in functional near-infrared spectroscopy
o Experience of qualitative methods in research
o BPS-accredited BSc Psychology
o MSc Cognitive Neuroscience, Health Psychology or related discipline
As a Research Assistant you will study the impact of exposure to domestic violence on emotion recognition processes in children. Specifically, we will test whether the level of visual fixation on certain regions of faces, physiological response and prefrontal brain activity during an emotion recognition task can predict abilities to identifying and elicit suitable emotional responses.