Brainbox Ltd are Hiring a Research Specialist
Now Hiring: Research Specialist
Brainbox are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual, ideally with a relevant PhD, to take an exciting and rare opportunity at the UK’s leading non-invasive brain stimulation solutions provider.
Working with leading laboratories and key opinion leaders from across the world, along with access to state-of-the-art equipment for neuromodulation (TMS, tES and TUS), neuronavigation and neuroimaging (EEG, fNIRS and MRI-compatible systems) you will be able to apply your research skills and experience in a commercial setting and influence the development of emerging technologies in non-invasive brain stimulation.
You will also have the opportunity for worldwide travel, with expenses paid, to visit customers and attend relevant scientific conferences on behalf of and as a representative of the company.
Other benefits include flexible working arrangements, attractive city-centre location a short walk from Cardiff Central train station, access to the cycle to work scheme, 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays, and access to the company pension scheme.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Research Specialist reports to the Commercial Director; roles and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Providing technical and application support to customers and end users of the systems supplied and supported by Brainbox, in the various areas where they are used;
- Providing technical and application support to colleagues and distribution partners to aid sales activity;
- Use of published literature and first principles to facilitate successful product testing and evaluation, with the ability to influence marketing material and product development as a result;
- Generating support materials such as application notes, operating manuals, case studies, training videos to aid both the support and sales activities of the company;
- Collating, monitoring and evaluating research and clinical publications related to the Brainbox product portfolio;
- Communicating with suppliers to gather technical information and coordinate customer support;
- Attending scientific conferences and exhibitions, as required to represent Brainbox and the Brainbox Initiative, and introduce the organisation's solutions and services to potential customers and users;
- Developing experimental and analysis aids for end users of the systems supplied by Brainbox, using programming tools such as MATLAB, Python etc;
- Preparing and delivering presentations at Brainbox Initiative workshops and webinars, including topics such as basic principles, latest research, integrated applications and practical demonstrations, as well as designing and running hands on training sessions;
- Conducting studies both for internal experience and information, as well as piloting for customers and potential customers, and to aid further product development of prototypes from suppliers;
- Involvement in off-site studies and experiments with customers, end users and other applicable third parties;
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the techniques used in neuroscience research through academic and professional journals and if appropriate, by attending educational courses and events;
- Regular reporting on these areas of responsibility at the company’s communication meeting and contributing to other areas of the business that are also discussed; and
- Other activities that may be requested by senior managers.
- PhD or at least two years of experience in a relevant subject area.
- Practical experience using at least one of the following non-invasive brain stimulation (NIBS) techniques:
- transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
- transcranial electric stimulation (tES)
- transcranial focused ultrasound (tFUS/TUS)
- Experience with electroencephalography (EEG), functional near infra-red spectroscopy (fNIRS), or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), in addition to NIBS would be a bonus.
- Demonstrable ability to explain complicated technical concepts to experienced and inexperienced audiences in spoken and written formats.
- Demonstrable experience using MATLAB or Python. Experience in interfacing with external devices using serial port commands would be a bonus.
- Willingness to travel.
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please email a current CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5th September 2021.