Rhys Morgan
(@rhysmorgan)
Member Admin
18/09/2020 12:57 pm  

Please post questions here.

Paola Di Maio
(@paola-di-maio)
25/09/2020 1:35 pm  

Greetings -  sorry the recording was poorly timed!  The bottom line of this poster is that to  DOC (disorders of consciousness) - which include fainting -  are fatal for significant impact on population poorly understood and share common symptoms with other disorders, vast amounts of neurological data exist however at the moment these cannot be used to improve on diagnoses for several reasons. I am taking an information systems perspective attempting to draw from diverse clinical approaches and deliver integrated diagnoses and treatments over a heterogeneous dataset. The challenge at hand is identifying and parsing quality data from open data repositories and putting together a testable computational model using hybrid expert system design. I am particularly looking for a collaboration with medical teams which may have data/tools and an interest in disorders of consciousness and PTSD using imaging data

ReplyQuote
Paola Di Maio
(@paola-di-maio)
25/09/2020 1:46 pm  

Greetings -  sorry the recording was poorly timed! having technical issues and some overload

Here it is again

The bottom line of this poster is that to  DOC (disorders of consciousness) - which include fainting -  can be fatal and have significant impact on population, are poorly understood and share common symptoms with many other disorders and conditions, very often leading to wrong

diagnoses and sometimes death.

Vast amounts of neurological data exist  to support investigation however at the moment these cannot be used to improve on diagnoses for several reasons.

I am taking an information systems perspective attempting to draw from diverse clinical approaches and deliver integrated diagnoses and treatments over a heterogeneous dataset. The challenge at hand is identifying and parsing quality data from open data repositories and putting together a testable computational model using hybrid expert system design. I am particularly looking for a collaboration with medical teams which may have data/tools and an interest in disorders of consciousness and PTSD using imaging data

Thank you very much for the excellent work

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Paola Di Maio

ReplyQuote
Share: